Recommended Reading

Now Reading

Soon To Be Reading

Discs I'm Spinning

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Thinking of Lyle watching Will

We had not been over to Lyle and Evette's many times. I think we went over to watch an OU game. After the game Lyle wanted to watch, The Best of Will Ferrell. Some of the clips made Evette think, "Lyle, this is our pastor and his wife!" We laughed and laughed. I still remember that laugh we reflected on nearly two years ago - that laugh that seemed to emanate from deep in the belly. Lyle's body would shake.

Today I stayed home. Despite telling Patty I did not feel too bad, she thought it unwise to subject everyone that would be in the office today to the high fever I fought last night. On Tuesdays and Thursdays our Children's Day Out meets. We have received numerous calls over the past few weeks noting someone's child was still battling the flu. Whether or not is was the flu may be debatable. What is not is the need to keep from potentially exposing children and workers just because I sometimes feel overly compelled to push it.

I caught up on some reading and writing. I had been slow posting a series on the selected title for my blog. A proposal I noted I would accomplish some time ago. I offered a post on what it was like to feel good and then suddenly be hit with a fever reaching above 104. I remembered the SNL skit with the Blue Oyster Cult and Will Ferrell. The line that came to mind, "I have a fever and the answer is more cowbell." So, in memory of my late friend and his love for laughter I posted a clip on my site.

It would have been funny to watch this one with Lyle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home